Wednesday, April 13, 2011

El Diablo is back!

Well kinda sorta...Robbie Busch has a solo art show coming up this Friday in Brooklyn and wanted to make a new mold of his El Diablo resin figurine to make some uber special runs. Check out how it went down - First I whipped some all new castings. This time I brought in Victor Durango (aka Soundwave810) that I'm training to help me out with some of the tooling and sorts of other shop tasks at Argo. Kid is catching on fast and can paint like a mofo! Thanks Vic!!! Then I ground off the clunky foot spouts in the sealed up grindbox (I'm allergic to the resin so it has to be contained as much as possible when ground up). Thought I was just working on cats?...heh...

Then the Diablo's are primed up in black spray primer. I don't use the el cheapo stuff - you get what you pay for (so true).

Then it's off to my trusty makeshift airbrush spray booths (ala cardboard box - cut just right!) Being able to spin the resins on the "Lazy Susan" makes it easier to paint quickly. I have no idea why they call it that so - just click the link...

Since I knew this particular paint we were going to use rather well - Robbie B. let me get my airbrushing extravaganza on. Heh, let me tell you, if I missed a spot Robbie told me about it, LOL.

The end result - is one happy artist camper with all new goodies for his show ON TIME!!! We did four really nice metallic rendered figures for Robbie's solo art show this Friday. Wanna go? Get all the info HERE on Robbie's blog. So that's it for a project in the middle of several other projects at Argonaut Resins. That's how we do it...